Hip Hop Dance Workshops and Residencies
Join us as we learn to express ourselves through dance and movement. We will explore multiple styles of Hip Hop, learn and create dance routines, and build our dance vocabularies. Together we will dive into the foundations of Hip Hop and how we use the dance element to speak and articulate our individuality through the language of Hip Hop. Speaking this language is more than just a passing style or trend but an entire culture that has made an impact across the globe.
Social Emotional Learning:
- Understand and manage emotions, expression of self through dance and movement.
- Set and achieve positive goals through teamwork and cooperation, and resilience in trying new things with a growth mindset.
- Feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Interpersonal communication and problem resolution skills with adults and peers.
- Building confidence, performing in front of peers
- Connect learning through joy, movement
Arts & Culture Objectives:
- Explore the language of Hip Hop to develop an empowered sense of self identity while learning about the influence of Hip Hop culture across the globe.
- Foundational dance and movement skills explored through multiple styles of Hip Hop, both following and creating choreography, and building dance vocabulary.
Program available in person, or live online.
Audience Limit: 30
Curriculum Connection: SEL, Black History, Dance
Minimum of 2 workshops per day
2 Workshops: $500
Additional Workshops: $200
Residency Workshops: $150-$350
What is a residency?
Planning Fee based on scope of residency
Travel: $25 per day
Pricing may vary for weekends/out-of-school time
Processing Fee of $30 added to all contracts
Remote (live online):
School sets up link for remote meeting and makes the artist a co-host. Screen share must be enabled, however please turn off ‘annotation’ feature. Artist may need to sign on 20-30 minutes prior to the meeting to check sound levels. A representative from the school must be on the call and mute students as needed. Please introduce the teaching artist as an Arts for Learning Massachusetts artist.
1 reserved parking space
1 Bottle of water
A teacher in the room to support artist and address student needs.