Bio, Bio, Biodiversity
Billy B. uses science, humor, music, dance, and audience participation to introduce the wonder of our earth’s biodiversity, why it is declining, and how we can help to protect it. Billy B. hopes to educate people of all ages about biodiversity by introducing issues such as pollution, deforestation, and overfishing and how other human behaviors affect the biodiversity of our earth. This show was commissioned by the World Wildlife Fund as a complement to the traveling exhibit entitled Biodiversity 911.
Program available in person, or live online.
Audience Limit: 300
Curriculum Connection: Natural Science, Environment, Music
Single Performance: $850
Additional Performances: $680
Travel: $100 per day
Pricing may vary for weekends/out-of-school time
Processing Fee of $30 added to all contracts
Remote (live online)
School sets up link for remote meeting and makes the artist a co-host. Screen share must be enabled. Artist may need to sign on 20-30 minutes prior to the meeting to check sound levels. A representative from the school must be on the call to facilitate Q+A and mute students as needed. Please introduce the performer as an Arts for Learning Massachusetts artist.
- One reserved parking spot
- Room temperature water for Billy’s singing voice
- One small table
- One 25 foot electrical extension cord
- At least 20 feet x 20 feet of unobstructed floor or stage area
- If students are sitting on the floor, at least 10 feet of space should be between the first row of students and the edge of the performance area
- Please seat students in two groups with a middle aisle (when possible)
- Billy brings his own sound/PA system and the stands needed to hold up his backdrop
- It would be very helpful to have a knowledgeable person on hand who would know how to operate the stage lights and the location of the stage’s electrical outlets.
Arrival time before first performance: 1 hour
Strike time: 1 hour
Time needed between performances: 10 minutes
Please introduce the performer as an Arts for Learning Massachusetts artist.