Clay Mural Residency
Artist and teacher Pam Golden invites students and staff to experience the fun and flexible nature of clay, and to participate in the creation of a permanent assemblage sculpture. Clay is an elemental material that has been used throughout history by cultures around the world!
Pam will work with your school leader to design a clay mural, as well as its frame and find a great place for it to adorn your school! Students will have the opportunity to engage in the design of the mural, and construct individual elements of the piece out of clay. Students will experiment with visual textures, facial expressions and designs on the clay’s surface. This vibrant site-specific piece can be installed indoors or out. This is a wonderful opportunity for a graduating class to gift something to their school!
Audience Limit: 25
Curriculum Connection: Sculpture, Ceramics, World Cultures, Collaborative Work
Minimum of 2 workshops per day
2 Workshops: $500
Additional Workshops: $200
Residency Workshops: $150-$350
What is a residency?
Planning fee based upon scope of residency.
Travel: $75 per day
Materials Fee: $3 per student
Installation Fee: $700
Kiln Firing Fee: $80
Pricing may vary for weekends/out-of-school time
Processing Fee of $30 added to all contracts
A teacher in the room to support artist and address student needs.
- Planning session with teachers/facilitators
- Workshop 1: Students make clay faces and figures
- Workshop 2: Students paint their pieces with glazes.
- At least two sessions needed for each group; one for sculpting and one for painting and glazing. Pam fires student work in her studio kiln, construct the tree pieces in her studio, and then delivers the finished pieces to the school (additional travel fee).
- The artist will need 4-6 weeks after the residency ends to complete the assembly and installation.