Notes On Coronavirus (Covid-19)
As the Coronavirus (Covid-19) response in MA is evolving, we want to let you know that we have kept in communication with our artists, who are exercising extreme caution.
If they are not feeling well, we will contact you a.s.a.p. to reschedule your program. We would much rather find a new date than risk potential exposure.
If you need to reschedule a YAMA program due to potential exposure in your school, we will treat the postponement like a snow date, and reschedule without levying any cancelation fees. Please let us know of this need a.s.a.p., ideally no later than the day before, so that we can inform the artists in time for them to adjust their schedules accordingly.
What should you do? Steps we can take to prevent the spread of any virus, include the following:
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid large crowds in areas where viruses are prevalent.
• Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
• Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
• Clean your doorknobs, light switches and commonly touched areas with disinfectant wipes frequently.
We also recommend sharing this song from YAMA's "science song and dance man," Billy B, with your students: